Hinduism VS Buddhism Venn diagram
StandardsFlorida Sunshine State Standards
The student understands how ideas and beliefs, decisions, and chance events have been used in the process of writing and interpreting history.
Florida Process Standards
01 Florida students locate, comprehend, interpret, evaluate, maintain, and apply information, concepts, and ideas found in literature, the arts, symbols, recordings, video and other graphic displays, and computer files in order to perform tasks and/or for enjoyment.
02 Florida students communicate in English and other languages using information, concepts, prose, symbols, reports, audio and video recordings, speeches, graphic displays, and computer-based programs.
Critical and Creative Thinkers
04 Florida students use creative thinking skills to generate new ideas, make the best decision, recognize and solve problems through reasoning, interpret symbolic data, and develop efficient techniques for lifelong learning.
06 Florida students will appropriately allocate time, money, materials, and other resources.
Multiculturally Sensitive Citizens
10 Florida students appreciate their own culture and the cultures of others, understand the concerns and perspectives of members of other ethnic and gender groups, reject the stereotyping of themselves and others, and seek out and utilize the views of persons from diverse ethnic, social, and educational backgrounds while completing individually and group projects.
Materials-Paper for information lists
-Paper for Venn diagrams
-Textbook or other informational materials
-Indian folktale (See Web Links)
Preparations1. Gather materials for activity.
2. Choose subject for the Venn diagram example.
3. Preview folktale from India for optional class wrap-up. (See Web Links)
ProceduresThis lesson plan integrates reading, writing, listening skills and knowledge of Venn diagrams.
1. Give students examples of how to create a Venn diagram.
2. Students use text or other materials to gain information on the religions of Hinduism and Buddhism and take notes or create lists to help them organize their findings before they create a Venn diagram.
3. Students make lists from their notes of the various traits of the two religions (i.e., founders, sacred texts, gods).
4. Students create Venn diagrams by placing the different traits in different sections and the similar traits in the shared section.
You might also like
Other Faiths. Meeting people from different Religions and Beliefs including Hinduism, Islam, the Bahá'í Faith, Buddhism, Christianity, Judaism, Sikhism ... and Diversity - The Diversiton Series)
eBooks (New Activity Publications)
Memories of perfect harmony — Free Malaysia Today
We respected one another's values and beliefs, so much so that I filled my chest with teachings of Buddhism, Hinduism, Christianity, Atheism and so on, in addition to the compulsory Islamic classes for all Muslim girls.